TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Aug. 10, 2012) - Advanced Explorations Inc. (TSX VENTURE:AXI)(FRANKFURT:AE6) (the "Company" or "AEI") is pleased to announce positive results of its Feasibility Study ("FS") conducted on the C Zone of its Roche Bay Iron Project. The FS has been completed by TetraTech Wardrop ("TetraTech") and confirms that the project has a Net Present Value of US $642 million (pre-tax). The complete report will be filed by the authors on SEDAR within 45 days of this press release.
Highlights of the Roche Bay Iron Project Feasibility Study:
- 5.5 million tonnes per year start-up production based upon 501 million tonnes @26.35% Fe (indicated)*
- High quality, low impurity, 66% Fe concentrate production with demonstrated potential to produce 68% + concentrate
- Minelife of 15 years (C Zone)
- Low mine stripping ratio of 0.92:1 over life of mine (LOM) reducing overall mine costs and mine footprint per tonne of ore
- Pre-Tax Net Present Value ("NPV") of U.S. $642 million at a discount rate of 8% and a concentrate selling price of U.S. $104/tonne of iron concentrate (FOB Roche Bay)
- Start-up mine cash flow (net) of U.S. $2.9 billion
- Pre-Tax Internal Rate ofReturn ("IRR") of 16%
- Capital cost ("CAPEX") of U.S. $1.2 billion (excluding contingency)
- Operating Cost ("OPEX") of U.S. $49.13/tonne of iron concentrate (averaged over the life of mine)
- Reduced infrastructure costs due to the proximity (6 kms) of ore body to natural, deep water harbour (no rail, extended power lines, or slurry pipelines and no dependency on third parties to provide these services).
Click here for more information (PDF)